StyleArc's Mary-Ann Skirt

 OMG - only I can take a simple pattern that should take 2 hours tops and turn it into an all day sewing session - it was the simple, easy to install pockets that did me in 😂.


I saw this skirt sewn up at my local fabric store and knew I wanted to make it.  

Mary-Ann Skirt

I won't do the traditional post because I have lost information about changes.  I normally write my modifications on the printed instructions but I don't know where I put them.

Fabric:  Wool mini-herringbone pattern purchased at Legacy Fabrics.  What I remember about this fabric is that I wanted to make a pair of classic trousers but the fabric was a bit expensive so I opted for a skirt instead.  

Pattern Changes:  I know I did a length adjustment of either 2" or 3".  I increased the dart width by X(?) amount.  The fabric is an extremely loose weave even with serging, so I added bias binding to the waistband and hemline (used scraps of fabric that I had - hence purple binding 😆).

The pockets confused the heck out of me and I am not sure why.  I ended up using some muslin to ensure I did not make a mistake.  Still not sure if I did something wrong, but in any case they came out ok.  It had been forever since I have done an invisible zipper and I nailed it!!!!!!  No problem with those instructions.  I love the look of this skirt and will definitely need to where brighter shirts so the outfit doesn't look so dark.

I believe I finished this in October 2025.  More Construction and finished pictures below.



































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Girly Girly Outfit - StyleArc's Monroe Woven Top and Genoa Bias Cut Skirt

StyleArc's Loddon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

In Living Color - Love Notions Bridget Trousers

Sigrid Knit Coat by StyleArc

Seamworks Benning Dress

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway - StyleArc Sandra Narrow Leg Jean - Custom Fit

A Beautiful Piece of Art Just for Me