Stylearc's Eme Dress

 I bought this pattern when Stylearc had a sale.  What drew me to it was it's simple silhouette and the cocoon hemline.  You can dress the dress up or down and it looks good either way and it has pockets.

How I Did It

Look at the finished measurements for this dress, not your size.  This dress has a lot of ease and runs large.  I went one size down from my typical size and really could have gone down one size more possibly and still been fine.

Fabric

I ordered fabric for this make - surprise surprise.  I selected the Mod Spot Linen Shirting Print in Natural and Paprika from Style Maker Fabrics.

Pattern Alterations

I would normally cut a 22 but based on the finished measurements I chose a 20. I struggled with that decision so much so that I added 1" to the hip area even though the finished measurements had more than enough room.  Big mistake and I had to remove it.  I continue to battle with loose and just too dang big.

My Pattern Changes

  • I removed 1" from the top
  • I removed 2" from the skirt
  • I ended up removing about another 1" from the hip area (this was in addition to the 1" I added and then removed)

Some Construction/Finished Pictures

I was so distracted with the fit in the hip area I forgot to take some construction pictures.  I managed to get a few in though.






Had to remove this from hip area










Conclusion

I wondered if I would get this one finished.  I don't know why I have such a hard time with easy patterns.  I forged on and got it done.  I was quite surprise when I had to remove fabric from my hip area since I have really large hips.  That tells you how much ease is built into the pattern.

I didn't know if I would like it after I finished it, but when I put it on this morning for church on the parking lot (yes I over dress now) I was in love.  I just slipped it over my head - easy peasy.  I will definitely make another one.


What's Next

I have made 2 pair of shorts, a pair of jeans, a top, and more leggings......  One day I will catch up my blog postings.

I think I will make another pair of flint pants next, but that is subject to change.


Comments

  1. Fantastic dress....and oh that fabric. I have made this dress several times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is beautiful and very flattering on you. I’m inspired to sew again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! I’m adding this pattern to my wish list. Thanks for your sizing/fitting suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really suits you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it's lovely , very elegant. Well done

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter comments here

Popular posts from this blog

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin