StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

When this pattern came out I knew I wanted to make it and bought it immediately.  Well it's been a few months since I purchased and I am so glad I finally got a chance to sew it up.  I like it even more than I thought I would.

Tommie Jeans Skirt

This skirt is singing my love language today and I am feeling myself in it.  BTW this skirt was pressed but I did not have time to take pictures before I went out so excuse the wrinkles.

How I Did It

  • Fabric

    • I bought this fabric sometime ago from JoAnn's in the kids Pop section.  I didn't have a specific pattern in mind, I just liked the fabric.  It is called light tie dye denim knit - a 8 to 10oz I believe.  I didn't realize it had any stretch until I went to JoAnn's site to look it up.  It has very little stretch though.

  • Pattern Adjustments

    • I shortened the length 3"
    • Yoke and waistband - I have shared this information before and where I got it in previous posts.  Once you get a good fit on a yoke and waistband you can apply those changes to any pattern by any designer.
      • I removed 1 1/4" from the top of the yoke

        • Slash Lines Added

          Slashed Made

          Slashes Taped and Triangles Added to Make Yoke Lie Flat


          Top is the Original Yoke

      • I removed 1 1/2" from the top of the left and right waistbands

        • Top is the Original Pattern Piece

          Top is the Original Pattern Piece

  • Some Construction Pictures












































  • Some Finished Pictures














Conclusion

OMG - it took me forever to sew this skirt because I wouldn't read the instructions and the instructions were quite different than the jeans I made from StyleArc.  The way the pockets and zipper are sewn is different and that threw me for a loop.

Once I got over the "different" instructions and finished the skirt, I realized the instructions were actually easier if only I had actually read them. 😂.  I made so many mistakes because I refused to accept the "new" instructions, but most of them you can't see.  Even with all the mistakes, this skirt turned out really well.

I found a couple of errors with the pattern (no placement for the back pockets and mislabeled pattern pieces).  I contacted StyleArc and they fixed the pattern the next day.  I ended up using the pocket placement for their Sandra Jeans because I wanted to complete this skirt.

I knew I liked this pattern but I was a little concerned about the longer length because I am short and round.  The length was perfect.  I love this skirt so much and I loved that the size I chose fits me (22) without any adjustments outside the ones that I normally have to make with all patterns.

This skirt sings my love language.

What's Next

I'm am trying to catch up on UFO's, but I may have to interrupt that and whip out another Tommie Jean Skirt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin