StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

One word says it all - comfortable.  When this pattern came out a few months back, I loved it but wasn't sure if I would like the pants on me.  I am so glad I went with my first reaction because I love them on me.  If you are on the fence about this pattern - don't be - you will look great in them just like me 😁.

I did sew during August 2023 but had several disappointing sewing failures including this pattern.  The failures were all my fault.  Sometimes my brain checks out on me and forgets to tell me that it is on vacation😊.

Londdon Woven Pant


How I Did It

I knew I needed a drapey fabric and had a fabric that I bought for another project - that was my failure pair.  Waist down I where a 22 in StyleArc patterns and I know this, but for some reason I decided I needed a size 24 and I was drowning in the pants.  The pants looked really really bad on me and it was my fault because I chose the wrong size.

At first I gave up and thought I was right that this pattern would not look good on me.  I couldn't/wouldn't submit to failure particularly since I knew it was my fault.  Now I had to find another fabric.  

I had some Black Panther fabric and decided I would sew them again in the correct size.  It was a miracle - the pants looked good on me in the correct size πŸ˜‚.  Side note - I have issues with directional fabric - I always cut one side upside down know matter how many times I tell myself to be careful before I start cutting.  One side of the leg in the Black Panther fabric is upside down.  I will wear these around the house and maybe for a quick run to the store.

Now that I was confident I would look good in the pants, I had to find more fabric.  I found this fabric  at a quilt store.

  • Fabric

  • Pattern Adjustments

    • This is what I love about StyleArc patterns they just fit me.  I had to make my normal length adjustment.  I shortened them 3".
    • I did add some interfacing also to the front pant for the pocket.  I noticed with my first pair (the failure pair) there was rippling in that area.
    • On the next pair I will remove about 1" from the cut of elastic.  I had that note and completely ignored it πŸ˜‚.

  • Some Construction Pictures (construction pictures are of the failed pair)



















    • Added Interfacing to The Front Pocket Area to Prevent Rippling

  • Some Finished Pictures













Conclusion

What's left to say except that I love, love, love the look and comfort of these pants.  At some point I will go back and see if I can selvage the failed pair.  I would like to make one more pair in a fabric suitable for fall/winter.

What's Next

This coming week I will try to focus on completing some UFO's.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin