I Should Have Been Born into Wealth

I took a new job that cut my commute time more than half and offered more challenging work which translates to more sewing time and a happier me - WRONG.  Much much more stress, extremely frustrating work, mentally drained, and weekly sewing a distant memory.

Lord why wasn't I born into wealth so I don't have to work?  Ok grip session over.

I cut and started sewing another Lekala 4106 dress (see September 27, 2015 post).  I still have a little more work to do but no motivation.  Still no sewing motivation but I promised a few baby blankets and have ran out of time and have to get them done.

I was able to complete one blanket this past weekend which is good because the baby shower is this coming weekend.

How I Did It

The quilt pattern was modeled after the "Sweet Baby Quilt" from the book Sew Special Fat Quarter Gifts.  I have made several projects from this book.  I love the book because the instructions are easy to follow and the projects are pretty simple.

The embroidery designs I used are "Silly Monster Alphabet" from Starbird Stock Designs.  The designs are cute but the stitch out was problematic.  If I had time I would have scrapped this one and used designs from another company - I didn't so I suffered through it.  Please note I am not a digitizer but I have watched enough embroidery stitch out to kind of figure out when it is user error or bad digitizing and this time it was bad digitizing.

I started with 6.5 inch blocks and cut them down to 5.5 inch blocks after embroidering each block with an alphabet.  I used 2.5 by 5.5 inch rectangles for the multi-color outer border.  For the binding I used 2.5 inch strips.  Since I always sew my binding by machine I used one of the many quilt stitches I have on Josephine (Janome 15000) with Sulky 30 wt Cotton Blendable thread for the top stitching.  I love love love Sulky's Cotton Blendable threads.

I normally make my blankets after the baby is born so I can include  the baby's name and birthday.  Since the baby is not here yet I chose to put "Precious Gift of God" instead.

Hopefully the recipient won't notice the less than perfect embroidery!  Next blanket is due in 2 weeks.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin