August Project Linus Blanket

Last month I realized that I hadn't been doing any charity sewing and decided I would do one Project Linus blanket each month.  This is the August blanket.



How I did it

Everything for this project came from my stash - ya.  This time I used pre-cut 10" squares from the Tiger Fish layer cake and the Tiger Fish jelly roll.  This made the process so much quicker.

I have spent plenty of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ buying quilting fabric from my two favorite quilting stores and I have a huge bag of scraps that I refuse to put in the trash.  I define scraps as leftover fabric pieces from other projects too small to use on my normal projects but too big to toss in the trash.  In this project I also used scraps from some of my garment projects.

I used 9 squares and embroidered on 5 of them.  The designs that I used are in two different sets from Bunnycup - Adorable Animal Faces and Children's Bible.  I chose the animal faces because they were applique and would help me use up my scrap stash.






After embroidery I stitched the squares together and then added the jelly roll strip around it.








Then I added batting, backing, and a decorative stitch.  I decided to use a wave stitch to mimic the pattern in the fabric.  I used 2 different stitches but I prefer the one on the binding but I did not see it initially.    The last step was to bind it.



















Conclusion

I was a little disappointed in this blanket because of the waves around edges which normally indicates it not squared but that was not the case.  When I did the decorative stitching, I did not do it properly.  I should have started in the center and worked my way to the outer edges and reversed the direction of the (starting at the bottom and stitching to the top, then starting at the top and stitching to the bottom).  That aside I turned out pretty good.

What's Next

I still have two pair of pants that I want to do and hopefully the long weekend I will get them done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman