February's Project Linus blanket

I am sewing a baby blanket once a month for Project Linus as my charity sewing and this is February's blanket.

I believe I got the pattern used for this project from a link on the Project Linus site.  I tried to find the link but was unsuccessful.  The pattern is called "Fast & Fun Round and Round We Go" and it is a free pattern.  I know that I downloaded it June 2018.



How I Did It

The instructions below are from the pattern "Fast & Fun Round and Round We Go".  I could not add the pdf and I could not find the link to the pattern.  Because this is a free pattern I chose to cut and paste the instructions from the pdf so that it is clear that this is not my design.
Fast & Fun Round and Round We Go Fabric Requirements


  • Step 1 (from Fast & Fun Round and Round We Go instructions)

Fast & Fun Round and Round We Go Step 1 Instructions
  • Step 2  (from Fast & Fun Round and Round We Go instructions)

Fast & Fun Round and Round We Go Step 2 Instructions

  • Step 3 (from Fast & Fun Round and Round We Go instructions)

Fast & Fun Round and Round We Go Step 3 Instructions


  • Step 4 & 5  (from Fast & Fun Round and Round We Go instructions)

Fast & Fun Round and Round We Go Step 4 Instructions


  • Fast & Fun Round and Round We Go Step 5 Instructions

Ruler Work

I bought the Westlee Ruler Template Sampler Set 1 from my local quilt shop a few years back and wanted to play with them but never got around to it.  To encourage myself to play I decided that I would use my charity quilts to do that.  I used the 6" spiral ruler.

From the front it don't look too bad if you look at it from a distance but the back is a hot mess.  I was so tense trying to use the rulers that it was uncomfortable and at times painful.  I had to continually stop and remind myself to relax.  At one point I thought I would toss the blanket and the rulers.

I had just enrolled in an upcoming class to teach me how to use the rulers and I really wanted to call my sewing machine dealer and get my money back because I was soooooo frustrated.  Then I had a moment of clarity and remembered when I first tried free motion stippling I had the same feelings but kept pushing until I felt comfortable and eventually I got better at it.  Eventually I will get better using the rulers.













Conclusion

This baby quilt was a bit bigger that what I am used to doing and with the added ruler work it was not as therapeutic as my normal sewing. The ruler work was stressful and painful at times and I found myself and the quilt in awkward positions with doing the ruler work.

Still I am pleased with the outcome and have committed myself to getting comfortable with using rulers.

What's Next

I have already printed, taped, and partially cut out Lekala Jacket 4005.  I still need to cut out the lining and interfacing.

Blue Jacquard for Lekala Jacket 4005

Lekala 4005


2019 Sewing Goal Progress

My 2019 sewing goal is to make at least one pair of well fitting jeans and I am making progress towards that goal.

I plan to take my time with this project.  I will be working on it in between other sewing projects.  Of course I would like to have them made yesterday.

I have bought my jeans pattern and have printed it and taped it together.  I changed the pattern to Cashmerette's Ames Jeans.  I will explain this change later when I make my jeans.  Next I need to make a muslin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin