Can You See Me Now - Today I Own the First Day of Spring with StyleArc

In this outfit I own the first day of Spring 2022 and know it was made specifically for meπŸ˜„.  I call this fabric my "happy" fabric - it called me by name and said take me home with you.  I noticed it as soon as I stepped into the store.

StyleArc's Stacie Jean Jacket and Lennox Woven Skirt

I have on 3 different patterns in this picture but I will only talk about the two StyleArc patterns in this post.

StyleArc Stacie Jean Jacket


StyleArc Lennox Woven Skirt


How I Did It

I typically buy my fabric online because I have not been satisfied with what I was seeing at my local fabric store.  Some days, when I need to get out, I walk around JoAnn's with no intention of buying.  

This "happy" fabric makes everything right.  Trust me when I say I had some mess ups in my sewing but it didn't bother me because you just can't get upset when sewing this fabric.

The buttons came from Hobby Lobby.

I have already posted about the Stacie Jean Jacket here.  This make is my 4th version.

  • Fabric

    • Tie dye denim from Joann Fabric.  This fabric called my name and I could not resist.  I don't know if they have anymore of it.  I did try to see if they had the fabric online but could not find it.

  • Pattern Adjustments

    • Stacie Jean Jacket 

      • Shortened the sleeve length 2"
      • Removed the waistband from the bottom of the jacket and instead used 2 different Madeira Cotona threads from the Madeira Overlock Inspiration Box to finish the edge
      • Removed hem from the sleeve and instead used 2 different Madeira Cotona threads from the Madeira Overlock Inspiration Box to finish the edge

    • Lennox Woven Skirt

      • Added 1" to the hip area
      • Did not use hem allotment (did not fold under) and instead used 2 different Madeira Cotona threads from the Madeira Overlock Inspiration Box to finish the edge

  • Some Construction Pictures (Lennox Woven Skirt Only)










My Screw Up - Didn't Follow Instructions on This Part








  • Some Finished Pictures















Conclusion

This jacket and skirt was so much fun to sew because of my "happy" fabric.  Even when I made mistakes in my sewing, it didn't deter me I just kept going.  I have made the jacket four times already, but this is the first time I made the skirt.

I am in love with this skirt.  The panels just do it for me.  It was such an easy sew (except when I did not understand the instructions for the waistband and facings connection (all me).  I realized what I did wrong on the second version (yes I have already made another and cut out a 3rd).

When I laid the pattern pieces out, I paid no mind to the colors - I just let them fall wherever and am pleased with the results.

What's Next

I have another Lennox skirt and Closet Core Patterns Mile End Pants and Plateau Sweatshirt cut out or I may cut out something else😊.





Comments

  1. Saw your review on PR. Popped over to see more info. I love the jacket and skirt in this denim fabric. It made me happy at first glanced and I can see why you are happy! Great job with both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just found your blog and I have to say I really love this set. So happy and you look fantastic in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Epic! What a wonderful suit and I am enjoying your blog too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter comments here

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin