Cashmerette's Harrison Shirt

I had every intention of making this shirt soon after I bought the fabric for it 2 years ago, better late than never.  It didn't occur to me that I did not have a button down, button sleeve shirt until I started working on this one.  I generally go for the quick sew.


How I Did It

    • Fabric

      • I bought this fabric about 2 years ago from StyleMaker Fabrics and I bought it to specifically make this shirt.  It is called Warehouse District Distressed Collage Cotton Poplin but it is no longer on their site, however, I did find it on several websites including here.

    • Pattern Adjustments

      • Shortened the length of the body 3"
      • Shortened the length of the sleeve 3"
      • Graded from an 18 to a 22 starting at the underarm seam

  • Some Construction Pictures (most are for the placket)























  • Some Finished Pictures














Conclusion

As always with her other patterns the instructions were amazing except for the placket.  I struggled with the placket for several hours because the instructions didn't make sense to me.  Finally after playing with it, I finally figured it out - only then did the instructions make sense.

The shirt fits good except in the bust area I think it needs a bit more wearing ease.  Later I thought about a couple of shirts I purchased some years ago similar to this shirt and they fitted the same way so I supposed it is intended to fit this way, but I still prefer a bit more wearing ease.

When I wore the shirt I tugged at it all day but that was because of the collar.  I don't really like my collars touching where my neck meets my face.  Now I know why I don't have these shirts in my closet - I need a longer neck.

I love this shirt but I am not sure if I will make it again because of the collar (this is not an issue with the pattern but an issue with me).

What's Next

Working on another shacket and have a pair of jeans waiting to be sewn.

Comments

  1. I love your work. I wish there was an index on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter comments here

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman