Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin

I was a tester for this pattern.  When I first laid eyes on this one it gave me romantic vibes.  Then there are the sleeves - I love a statement sleeve.  You have romance, a statement sleeve, and last but not least, roominess.  This top has a lot of built in ease which makes it super comfortable.

Amalfi Blouse

How I Did It

This blouse has ample ease so you may want to consider going down a size.  Steam-A-Seam will be your friend on this pattern.  I used it on the collar and front band facings and also on the sleeve bands.  Rather than using stay stitching around the neck area, I used a woven stay tape.

I got really scared and started panicking when I attached the front to the back.  The neck area was huge, I thought I had cut something wrong.  I finally remembered the neck area was gathered.

This pattern has really good instructions, but I did find that although the seam allowance is 3/8", one of the gathering stitches is placed at 5/8" and will show if you don't remove it.  I am sure that has been fixed in the final pattern.

  • Fabric

    • I recently purchased this fabric although I am drowning in fabric (it was 40% off and there will never be another fabric sale 😜).  It is a rayon called "Onion Dreaming" in black and I purchased it here.  This fabric feels wonderful against the skin.

  • Pattern Adjustments

    • I cut a size G at the top and graded from bottom of armhole out to hipline halfway between a H and I.  I probably could have gone down a size because of the generous ease.

  • Some Construction Pictures
























  • Some Finished Pictures 














Conclusion

This was a satisfying sew.  The instructions were great and the blouse came together pretty quickly.  Because of all the ease, I will probably only where this tucked in.  All the fullness allows you to "play" with it tucked in. 

I would like to make another that I can wear tucked in or out, so I will probably go down a size.  After looking at the pictures I felt like the untucked version had a bit too much ease.

What's Next

Probably Christmas pajama's from StyleArc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch