Seamwork The Joss Pants

I am tickled pink that the pattern adjustments I did do were all done digitally in Inkscape.  Then I used my projector to project the pattern directly onto my fabric 😁.  I learned how to make digital pattern adjustments via the Master Inkscape for Sewing course by Projector Sewing and would highly recommend it.  She also has one for Affinity (haven't used this one).  I don't get a commission or anything else for these recommendations.  This was a free pattern.

Now for the disappointment that I created. I really messed up on this one because I didn't do a muslin and I used my good fabric 😂.  I now understand Seamwork patterns require more fit adjustments for my body than other patterns I use.    If I want to continue using them, a muslin will not be optional - it will be a necessity for Seamwork patterns.

The Joss Pants



To get them to look half way decent, I had to pull them all the way up right under my bra to compensate for the ridiculously long crotch length.  This pattern was designed for someone who is 5' 8" but I am only 5' 3".  I didn't help that I had on the wrong bra (too big and no lift), the wrong panties (PIB - panties in butt) and that I had hanger pinches in the hem 😂.

How I Did It

  • Fabric

    • A 6 oz Morning Rose Lyocell Twill from Lyrical Fabrics.  The pattern calls for a medium weight fabric, however, I love my fabric choice even though it is on the lighter side.  It is soft and flowy.

  • Pattern Adjustments

    • I went down a size (to a 20) based on the finished measurements
    • All pattern adjustments were done digitally via Inkscape 
    • I raised the rise 1"
    • I shortened the pockets 2"
    • I shortened the pants length 3".  Based on my height I should have shortened them 5", however, my round tummy takes up the excess.

  • Some Construction Pictures




  • Some Finished Pictures

















Conclusion

These pants are too big because of the crotch length, but for the crotch length I would love love love them.  I will still wear them even though they are too big because I used my good fabric 😂.  One day I suspect I will eventually part with them.

Normally I would toss this pattern, but I won't this time because I want to continue practicing pattern adjustments in the Inkscape software.  I plan to still shorten the length by 3", however,  I will take 2" from the crotch length and 1" from the pant length.  I will keep the other adjustments.  I will definitely do a muslin this time.

If after these new adjustments the pattern doesn't fit me like I want, I will toss this pattern because it's not worth my time.  I will use the patterns I have that start with a better fit and adjust those.

Again, but for the long crotch length these pants would be perfect.  I love how loose and comfortable they are.

What's Next

I believe it will be the Braxton Woven Short from StyleARC.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Girly Girly Outfit - StyleArc's Monroe Woven Top and Genoa Bias Cut Skirt

StyleArc's Loddon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Sigrid Knit Coat by StyleArc

In Living Color - Love Notions Bridget Trousers

Seamworks Benning Dress

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Mary-Ann Skirt

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway - StyleArc Sandra Narrow Leg Jean - Custom Fit

A Beautiful Piece of Art Just for Me