Lekala S4006 - Version 2

Oh how I am loving Lekala - patterns that fit.  I won't go into a whole bunch of detail on this one because I have already done a previous detailed reveiw.

My Version 2 of Lekala S4006


Lekala S4006

How I did It

Everything came from my stash - ya.  I am trying to be diligent and not buy anymore fabric until I use what I have in my stash.

Again I used a stretch corduroy, Sulky 30 wt cotton blendables thread, and one of my many decorative stitches.

When I was doing the top stitching on the back yoke I had the stitch to tight and it created a "ripple" effect across the seam.  I did my best to attempt to iron it out but to no avail.  It is no longer a mistake but now a "design feature".

Ripple on Back Yoke

One additional change I make to this version was I doubled the hem length.  On the first version the sleeve hit right at the bend in my arm and I did not like that.

Sleeve

Collar Area Top Stitching

Front Hem Top Stitching

Back View

Conclusion

Love this simple, easy to sew, unassuming dress.






Comments

  1. Nice dress! I need to try Lekala patterns and see how they fit for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda do try. The have a number of free patterns that you can try before you decide to buy. They are nice ones too. I do think that once you try one you will be pleased.

      Delete
  2. I have this dress cut out, but cannot understand how to do the front slit. I have cut 2 front slit facings as it say.

    Can anyone help me please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After sewing the front facing to the back facing, you place the facing on the dress right sides together then stitch along the seam lines. In the front after the stitching you cut the straight line right up to the point but don't cut thru the stitching line. At the point you cut a slit in the shape of an upside down "V". The you turn the facing right side out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Enter comments here

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin