Ladies Night Out 2017

What happens when you over commit yourself?  You lose a lot of sleep, you make an enormous amount of errors, you swear you will never over commit yourself again, and you get it done.  Learn from me - DON'T OVER COMMIT YOURSELF.

So this is the other gift my niece gave to her guest at her ladies night out gathering. Both the toilet paper and footies were a big hit with her guests.


Ladies Night Out 2017 Footies

Toilet Paper Fun Posting

How I Did It


I used my Silhouette , Paropy Injet Light paper, my printer, and CorelDRAW for this project.  I found the design in CorelDRAW.  I added the wording "Ladies Night Out 2017" to the stem and base of the wine glass.  I chose this design because I knew she would be serving drinks in her wine glasses.

The design was all black (boring) so I added some color to brighten it up and make it pop.  Once I was satisfied with the design I brought it into the Silhouette software and printed it on the Paropy paper.  It had been sometime since I used my Silhouette and I forgot that you need to reverse the design so I had to redo it.

The footies looked great until you put them on.  Because they stretch the design looked horrible and unrecognizable when I put a pair on.  The looked fine once I took them off.  When she came to pick them up I explained to her the issue when you put them on and told her she didn't have to pay for them.  She was happy with them and chose to pay me anyway.

Originally she wanted embroidery on them.  When I looked at what it would take to embroider on 60 footies I decided it was not worth my time no matter how much money I was paid.  One or 2 pair would have been doable but not 60 (30 pairs).

I am glad I chose not to do the embroidery.  With the stretching the stitches when have been torn and it would have been a worse mess.

I had planned to give her 2 t-shirts with the design on them as a bonus.  I made them and again because of exhaustion I realized that I forgot to reverse the design so more waste.

T-shirt - Forgot to Flip the Design Before Printing



Conclusion

Overall I was please with what I created and how it turned out.  I know now sublimation would have probably worked much better on the socks but I don't have that kind of equipment nor the money to purchase it.

What's Next

I will finally get a chance to make this blouse.

Lekala 4646

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman