New Great Great Niece - New Baby Blanket

I have a great great niece now and I am still trying to get used to that fact.  New babies in my family and friends family automatically gets you a custom baby blanket.

In the past I would whip out my blanket within a month of the baby being born.  The time it is taking me to complete one is getting longer and longer.  I got so many sewing projects that I want to do that sometimes these get pushed to the back of the project list.  Now I will be happy if I can get one completed before the baby turns one year old!

Completed Baby Quilt

How I Did It


I am proud to say all the fabric came from my quilting stash.  I used a pattern from the book Sew Special Fat Quarter Gifts and I believe the square size I used was 6.5 inches.  The embroidery designs are from Bunnycup Embroidery.  I believe they are from 2 or 3 different sets that I have purchased.

I really love the Bunnycup site because they have a lot of kid/baby designs and they put together the cutest sets to sell.  Their pricing is very reasonable and you can buy an individual design or buy the set.  I always buy the set.  So you know, I don't get paid for these product promotions.  When I find something I like I want to share the information to help others.

I have learned over the years to "square up" along the way to cut down on the wavy edges when the quilt is completed.  It took me a minute to figure out that my edges waved because my quilt was not square.

It took me months to finish this one because it kept getting pushed to the back of my project sewing list.  Another reason was because on the embroidery I realized I messed up with the thread colors.  I wanted my colors to blend but they blend so much that it is hard to read the words unless you get up really close and even then it is difficult as you can see below in the pictures.






I used Sulky's Cotton Blendable 30wt thread for my top-stitching and one of Josephine's (many quilting stitches.

Meet Josephine

Quilt Back

Conclusion


Even though I wasn't completely satisfied with my embroidery on this quilt I think it turned out really well even if you have to look really hard and be up close to read the wording.

I know my great great niece won't care that the colors blend in too much, I know the colors will excite her (literally).

What's Next


If I can stay focused Lekala 4646 will be cut and sewn this week.

Lekala 4646



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman