Loving My Skirt - Lekala 4723

It was an absolute joy sewing this skirt.  I had the right denim and the right Sulky Cotton Blendable Thread.  There was nothing but smiles when I finished it.  I have worn it twice already - I am just late posting it.

Skirt Lekala 4723, Lekala top 4808
Lekala 4723

How I Did It

I can't remember but I believe I bought fabric for this skirt and this time I chose a denim that I would be happy with.

When I am making skirts I always forget to raise the back waistline about an inch as was the case with this one.  My waistline is higher in the back.

I stitched the back yoke to the back and added the pockets and top stitching.







Next I stitched the two back sections together, created the vent and more top stitching.





I added the pocket facings to the skirt front and more top stitching.










I stitched the top portion of the skirt front with the bottom of sections of the skirt front and more top stitching.




Next the zipper - which I am not happy with but oh well.  I decided to use a metal zipper and just did not get a good handle on it.  At one point I thought I would replace it, but have since decided I would live with it.



Final touches was to put on the waistband, belt loops, hemming, and more top stitches.  I was so excited about sewing this skirt I forgot to add interfacing to the waistband 😆.  Good thing this is really thick denim.



The completed skirt.














Conclusion 

I am in love with this skirt and I can see at least one more in my future.  If there was a down side I would have to say it's the pockets - they aren't deep enough.

What's Next

If I don't change my mind and I get over being sick I think it will be Lekala 4005.

Lekala 4005

Comments

Post a Comment

Enter comments here

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch