The Wedding Apron

When you are broke you have to improvise.  A friend is getting married and I needed (wanted) a gift to give.



I knew the bride cooked so my first thought was making matching aprons for both of them but I wasn't sure her hubby to be would want/appreciate one.  I finally decided to look at their gift registry and one of the items requested  was a customized apron which had already been purchased for her.  She only requested one so that told me one was not needed for hubby to be.

I decided an extra apron was in order and it didn't cost anything extra because everything came from my stash.

What drew me to this apron was the rivets and I had every intention of using rivets.  The only problem was I forgot I am broke and I had no rivets nor did I have the tools to insert them.  So rivets got nixed.  I used buttons and extra buttonholes to make the neck band adjustable instead of the overall buckles.  I also added extra length to the waist straps.

Since Sew4Home gives really great instructions I will only post pictures of my construction steps.  This was a project from Sew4Home, the embroidery designs came from Bunnycup, and I used Sulky's 30wt Blendable Cotton thread for top stitching.
































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch