Megan Nielsen Flint Pants and Shorts

I bought this pattern about a year ago and finally got around to making it. I have been on a sewing frenzy for the last 7 weeks, and now I think I am wearing down.

I made these a couple weeks ago and tried to pin them on the dress form for pictures but they looked horrible.  Today I finally forced myself to put them on so I could take half decent pictures.  This picture shows my favorite part of the pant.

View B Tie Closure

How I Did It

I ordered a fuchsia slub texture linen blend fabric from Style Maker Fabrics for these pants.  I thought it would be a bit heavier but it wasn't.  All I saw was the color and the word linen, but had I read the description fully I would have know that it would be a bit lighter weight since it was a rayon/linen blend.  In any case I still love the fabric.

This pattern definitely fits in my roomy and comfortable sewing mood that's going on with me right now.

My Adjustments

I believe I removed 2" from the length.  I normally would have had to remove more but I wanted the full length pant instead of the cropped length.

My Construction Pictures

I don't know if I missed something in the instructions, cut the wrong size tie pattern pieces, or if there is actually an error in the instructions.  Anyway the seam allowance on the tie was 3/8" but when I installed them in the waist band they were too wide so I folded them a little to fit.  If I had used a 5/8" seam like the rest of the parts, it would have fit fine (if I remember correctly).







Folded Tie




Completed Photos











Conclusion

I thoroughly loved sewing these no fuss pants.  The instructions are well written and easy to follow.  Interestingly enough I don't know that I will keep them.  The weight of the fabric is one issue and the other is they are a bit big in the waist.

I have this constant battle when sewing - I don't want my clothes too tight.  So even when I try the pants on during the construction process and feel they are a bit loose I say it's okay because that's how I like my clothes to fit.

It was only when I was taking pictures that I realized I had to keep adjusting them up because they would fall down a bit and that is going to drive me nuts when I wear them.

I could fix them the proper way - will never happen!  I could do something else to fix it - may never happen!  These may end up in my give away pile.

I would like to make another pair of these though.

Comments

  1. I like the look of these pants. Love the fabric color, looks great with the top!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter comments here

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin