Molly Mock Neck - Quick and Easy

When I first saw this pattern by Sewing Patterns By Masin I knew I had to have it.  It did not matter that I aleady had a similar pattern (BUT NOT THE SAME) to it.  It also didn't matter that I have a 1,000 other patterns that I have not sewn yet (teeny tiny exaggeration).

Paprika Color (burnt orange)

Honey Color (mustard yellow)

Molly Mock Neck


How I Did It

What drew me to this pattern was it sheer simplicity and the "bell bottom" sleeves.  I knew it would be quick to sew and I needed a quick "win". Meanwhile my UFO pile continues to grow.

TIP

If you only have a combination serger/coverstitch machine, hem the sleeves, front, and back first.  Doing it this way will keep you from having to switch to coverstich in the middle of sewing.

  • Fabric

    • I am drowning in fabric and really struggling not to buy more.  I forced myself to use what I had.  I bought some Plush Sweater Knit Solid Honey and Paprika from StyleMaker Fabrics.  I purchased it in January 2021 for another project and did not order enough so it sat.
    • This fabric is amazingly soft but it is snag city.  The only chance I will have to wear it this summer is to church (they keep it freezing in there) or if we get a cool day.

  • Pattern Adjustments

    • I cut a size G and graded out to a size I at the hip.
    • Normally I shorten the length 3", but amazingly I didn't need to with this pattern.  It was a good thing too, because I was so excited to get started sewing that I didn't make the adjustment on this one.

  • Some Construction Pictures










Stabilizing the Shoulders and Hemline with Knit Stay Tape













  • Some Finished Pictures













Conclusion

I love, love, love this pattern - it will definitely become a TNT.  It has only 4 pattern pieces and about 20 pages for the whole pattern.  Even with no length adjustment I love where it falls on me and the sleeves are a perfect length.

If you want a quick, stylish, easy sewing pattern I recommend this one.  Depending on the fabric you choose, you can easily dress it up or down.

What's Next

I have several UFO's that I need to finish, but that probably won't happen anytime soon.  Instead someone will introduce another quick and easy to sew pattern and I will probably order it and make it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin

Love Notions Vivace Dolman