Too Pretty to be Relegated to a Sewing Room or Back of a Quilt

I love love love love love love love color.  The brighter and more obnoxious the more I love it.  When I saw the Gilbert Top by Helen's Closet I knew I had to have it.  I love the "bell bottom" sleeve version of this pattern (version B).  Merry it with the right fabric and you have perfection!


View B Version 1 Front

View B Back


How I Did It

  • Fabric

    • Version 1 - Sew Wow Collage Print Cotton White/Multi from stylemaker fabrics.  No way could I relegate this fabric to my sewing room.
    • Version 2 - Quilt Backing cotton given to me by a friend.  No way could I relegate this fabric to the back of a quilt never to be seen.
    • Version 2 Buttons - These buttons are to die for.  I found them in my dwindling button stash and believe I bought them from Hancocks fabrics over a decade ago. 

  • Pattern Adjustments

    • I printed sizes 18 and 24.  I graded from an 18 at the top to a 24 at the hip.

    • I removed 3" from the length.


    • On the front bodice I removed an 1" (remove a total of 3" from the length) above the bust dart so on Version 1 the dart sits a bit too high.  I found out wearing a non padded bra really helps.
    • On Version 2 I lowered the bust dart 1".
    • I used a 3/4" seam allowance starting at the bottom of the dart to going to the hem edge.  Maybe I will fix the pattern on my next make (probably not).

  • Some Construction Pictures
























  • Some Finished Pictures







    • Lilac Bow Yoke Punctuation Buttons

















Conclusion

I love this pattern.  The instructions are amazing and it is so easy to sew - as a matter of fact it was a joy to sew.  I love how the top is finished on the inside also.  I made 2 already but I am not done with this pattern.

What's Next

I believe either StyleArc's Lennox Woven Skirt or Emerson Woven Dress or Elley Designer Knit Dress or ......  I am so easily distracted 😀.  I got rid of  about 200+ paper patterns and now I keep buying PDF patterns - I am so out of control.


Comments

  1. I love the fabrics for both tops. The buttons are cute and work great with the Stylemaker Fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You are always so kind and encouraging in your comments.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Enter comments here

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin