Amanda Stretch Short by StyleArc

I really, really, really love this short pattern.  They are comfy, stylish, the perfect length, and easy to sew.  I believe I got this pattern during one of the StyleArc sales.

Amanda Stretch Short

How I Did It

This was an easy sew for me and I enjoyed the process!  A girlfriend ordered this pattern, made them, and said they looked like gaucho's on her.  When I viewed the pattern I liked it and decided to try them for myself.  When I showed her mine she figured she had probably cut the pattern to big for her size 😊. 

I used either a 12wt or 30wt cotton thread for topstitching - BIG mistake.  With stretch fabrics your told to use the wobble or lightning bolt stitch to keep your thread from breaking when the fabric is stretched.  I hate those stitches because if you have to remove the stitches they are a nightmare to get out.  Should have used it this time - just putting them on causes stitches to "pop".

  • Fabric

This light weight stretch denim fabric came from my fabric stash.  About 2 years before I garnered up the courage to tackle a pair of jeans, I started stockpiling denim fabric for the project - this is one of those pieces.  Believe I purchased it from JoAnn's Fabric

  • Pattern Adjustments

    • Lowered the front rise 1".
    • Raised the back rise 1".  The picture shows the adjustment on the side seam which is wrong.  Didn't realize I had made the mistake until I was getting ready to sew the side seams and the pieces did not match up.  I was thankful I had enough fabric to recut the back.
    • Shortened the length 2"

  • Some Construction Pictures


This Adjustment is Wrong - it Should Have Been Made in the Crotch Area not the Side Seam Area

Decide to Use Double Sided Tape to Temporarily Hold the Pockets in Place While Stitching























  • Some Finished Pictures











Conclusion

I will definitely be making another pair - I already have fabric from my stash waiting to be cut.  I love a quick and easy pattern that is also stylish and this pattern is just that.

What's Next

My niece spent a month with me and decided on some patterns that she liked.  She wanted the Molly Mock Neck top and the Olive Pinafore.  I got one of each made and have 2 more tops and 1 more dress to make.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman #3

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium