Closet Core Mile End Sweatshirt and Plateau Joggers

I bought both patterns in March 2021 with the intention of making them right away and that didn't happen.  I was immediately drawn to the patterns because of the comfort factor.  Between the patterns and the fabric I was not disappointed.

Mile End Sweatshirt and Plateau Joggers


How I Did It

I stabilized the shoulders with Sewkeyse Knit Stay Tape but just realized that I did not stabilize the neckline, but the neckline appears to be ok.

  • Fabric

    • I finally bought fabric October 2021 to make these pieces.  I purchased "See You at Six Scattered Scribbles French Terry" from Style Maker Fabrics.  The color is call "Cider" (reminds me of the color of a sweet potato).  This fabric feels so soft and good against my skin.

  • Pattern Adjustments

    • Mile End

      • Graded from a size 18 to 20 starting at the bottom of the armhole 
      • Shorten the length 1"
      • Shorten the sleeve 2"

    • Plateau Joggers

      • Shorten the length 2"
      • Raised the back rise 1"


      • Lengthen the front/back pockets at the side seam 1" to match the adjustment for the back rise


  • Some Construction Pictures
    • In some of the pictures you will see dark spots - those are water spots from my iron.  I am sick of spending a ridiculous amount of money for a "good" iron only to have it last a year or so.

    • Plateau Joggers















    • Mile End Sweatshirt

      • I didn't realize until I was putting this together that I had cut a "plug" out of the front neckline.  I went into panic mode until I remembered I had enough fabric to recut it, but I really did not want to waste my "good" fabric recutting for such a small "plug".  I decided to fix it instead.  The fix turn out great and is not noticeable unless you know about it and look for it 😀.

        • The Problem

          The Fix


          Fix With Collar Attached

      • The Other Construction Pictures


        • Stabilized Shoulders






















  • Some Finished Pictures

    • Plateau Joggers









    • Mile End Sweatshirt




    • Both Patterns






Conclusion

If there was one thing that I despised it would have to be the installation of the pockets on the pants 😠.  It calls for precision and perfection - that excludes me.  If you look at the right side of the finished pants closely you will see they angle out a bit at the bottom of the pocket.  Other than that, everything else was pretty simple.

What I absolutely love was the gathering tie at the front band on the sweatshirt.  I loved how the waistband and pant bottom had securing rows for the elastic.  It keeps the elastic in place.

What's Next

I may have just enough fabric left over to make the shorts at some point.  There is a StyleArc dress pattern that I want to make (can't remember the name of it right now).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman