Molly Mock Neck Numbers 3, 4, and 5

This is one of my favorite tops.  You can dress it up or down and it is sooooooo comfortable and easy to slip on.  I really love that it gives full coverage on the back.  My marking down the center front is quite visible but I know it will wash out.  Didn't realize until I took pictures that I did not press the top good enough - I can see too many wrinkles.



I actually completed 2 of the tops on 12/31/2022 and finally completed the last one earlier this week.  I won't do a "normal" posting because I have already done that here.

I did buy fabric from a new to me online fabric store Isee Fabric.  I believe it was recommended by True Bias for their free t-shirt pattern.  What I ordered was Organic 100% Cotton French Terry in Dahlia, Indigo, and Plum and I specifically wanted to purchase some solid color fabrics because I don't have any solid color tops.

I love french terry fabric and I really love this fabric because it is heavy and perfect for cold weather.  When I checked Isee Fabric's website I noticed they don't have this fabric any longer but they do have a different french terry blend.

I was really proud of myself  for 2 reasons.
  1. I sewed these tops with only my serger and coverstitch machine.  This is was a first for me.
  2. I finally used the foot pressure adjustment on both my serger and coverstitch and boy did it make a difference.  Again a first.
I have always hating serging with thick fabrics because it was never smooth and the seam looked horrible most times when going over a "hump".  I knew I could adjust the foot pressure to make going over bulky seams easier but I have been too lazy to do it.  On my last top, I finally took the time to do it and now I will use that adjustment whenever needed.

Finished Pictures

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman