Megan Nielsen Dove Blouse

When I first saw this pattern I knew I would have to buy it.  The sleeves did it for me - I call them the trumpet sleeves.  I am in love with this blouse yawl and this fabric is giving me a bohemian vibe.

Megan Nielsen Dove


How I Did It

I am really trying to use fabric in my stash and this beauty has been in my stash for about 1 1/2 years.  When I first laid eyes on this fabric hiding under a cutting table I knew I wanted it.  I still don't know how I managed to see it under the table.

  • Fabric

  • Pattern Adjustments

    • Cut a size 20 and graded out to a 24  starting at the underarm (actually between 22 and 24 but it was closer to the 24 side)
    • Shortened the bodice length 2"
    • Shortened the sleeve 1"
    • Shortened the cuff 2"
    • There were several places that called for stay stitching, but I used a woven stay tape instead.

  • Some Construction Pictures























  • Some Finished Pictures











Conclusion

Love the sleeves and love the butt coverage which allows me to wear this blouse with leggings.  This blouse was so easy to sew.  The sleeve hem took a bit of time and when I make it the next time I believe I will try using a rolled hem foot to make it quicker.

I will definitely raise the "V" - the necklace I have on hides the peek-a-boo part well (cleavage).  I do plan to make this again but in a lighter weight fabric that don't have me sweating bullets in this heat.

What's Next

I will be sewing StyleArc's Loddon Woven Pant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman