Baby Shower Gifts

I know I am the slowest sewer in the world so why I thought I could make a baby quilt with embroidery the night before the baby shower is beyond me 😂.  I had other projects I was working on and wanted to finish those first.

Spoonflower Bandana Bib

Sew4Home Burp Cloth



This was a "rushed" project with plenty of mistakes, but I think it still turned out pretty good. I won't do my normal post format since I have 3 different items in one post.

Embroidery Designs

All designs came from the Baby Boy Sayings set by Bunnycup Embroidery.  You will notice a lot of puckering after doing the embroidery and that is my fault because I did not stabilize the fabric properly.  I tried adding a piece of light weight interfacing to it and that helped some.  Then I finally remembered I needed to float an additional piece of stabilizer under the hoop.  

The embroidery turned out much better on the bib and burp cloth because I applied the additional stabilizer.

Spoonflower Bandana Bib

I have made this one before and it is now my go to pattern for a baby bib because it is such a quick make.  I added a piece of batting in between the 2 layers of fabric to absorb spills.

The pattern and instructions can be found here.


Added Light Weight Interfacing Before Embroidery







Sew4Home Burp Cloth

I have made this burp cloth before and it is my go to pattern for a burp cloth.    I eliminated the binding around the edge because it is too time consuming for me.  I added a piece of batting in between the 2 layers of fabric.

The pattern and instructions can be found here.







The Baby Quilt

I did not use a pattern.  I cut 12" blocks and added a 1" border around it, except for the yellow blocks.  I cut the yellow blocks 11" accidentally so I had to increase the border around it to get it to the same size as the other blocks.

I quilted it using 1" straight lines except it's obvious I couldn't keep a straight line going even with a quilting bar😂.  This is what happens when you are rushing and tired.





























Comments

Post a Comment

Enter comments here

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman