Sewcation 2016

About a month ago about 12 of us went on a sewcation to Missouri Quilt Star Company in Hamilton, MO.  In years past we have taken some really nice sewcations.

I have been involved with teaching about 3 ladies to sew this year and I really wanted them to see other fabric stores besides the local Joann's.  About a month or before we actually went I started planning.  I knew it would have to be a day trip, someplace we could drive to, and something that would not take a lot of money because of the short notice.  I knew Missouri Quilt Star would fit the bill.

We left about 8 am and returned about 3pm.  Any place that has fabric - I love and this place was no exception.  I had been there before but it was a first time for the others.  This would be the perfect place to insert a group photo in Hamilton but I don't have one.  We did take a group photo but I never received it.

Once we got back we made baby blankets for charity and I just finished mine a month later.  It was supposed to be a simple blanket but it required precision cutting and I knew that would be a problem and it was.  I was hoping I could fix the errors and complete it that day but it wasn't possible.

I won't do my typical "how I did it"/ "conclusion".  I will post the pictures I took at home with simple note about the picture.  My blanket don't look like the one I was supposed to make - I needed to complete it so I did it the quickest way I could.

Used back as self binding
Edges double folded and ready for sewing
My attempt at a mitered corner

Completed front

Completed back (not my best work)

The next few pictures are up close shots of the pictures and wording on the front fabric panel.


Stippling on edges







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman