Happy Birthday Trinity

I managed to get behind on my postings again - oh well.  Ms. Trinity is a little lady that sit with me during church service and she had a birthday in December.  Her gift wasn't on time but I did get her one.

 

I have made both of these before.  The bag is a project from the book "Sew Special Fat Quarter Gifts" by Julie Johnson.  The sleepy time pillow is a project from the Sew4Home site.

How I Did It

The Sew4Home site have instructions for the pillow so I will refer you there.

I used fabric from my stash for the bag- yay.  I was initially going for a true diamond pattern but I got tired and increased the cross pattern from 1" to 2".  There is batting in between the quilted pieces.

Inside of Bag

Outside of Bag
After quilting the pieces I embroidered her name on the pocket and stitched the pocket to the front side.


I stitched the front to the back and "boxed" the bottom.



Next I added the binding to finish the top edge of the bag.  For the binding I used a pre-cut binding strip from my stashed.





Finally, I added the straps, again using pre-cut strips from my stash.  The buttons were also from my button stash.  I did my top stitching and quilting using a Sulky 12wt blendable thread.







Olivia Owl Sleepy Time Pillow

Conclusion

Since I made both of these projects before the were easy to sew and they make nice gifts.  The bag is a nice way to use up fat quarters or other smaller fabric pieces.  I filled the bag with a coloring book and crayola crayons.

What's Next

I have several projects in mind and ready for cutting but first I have to finish my FINAL outstanding UFO (unfinished object).  I was requested to make a memory hanging for a friend.  I am hoping to get that completed this weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman