New Look 6505 - View A

More sewing for Big Foot (my niece) .  Actually these leggings were the first items I sewed for her.

New Look 6505 - View A

How I Did It

The fabric for the first pair was an ITY from my stash (middle pair on the right).  I quickly realized a cotton stretch would be better so I bought what I could find and hoped she would like what I chose.  I really wanted some solids but couldn't find any that I liked at my local fabric store.

This was my first speed sewing session for Big Foot.  I didn't realize until at the end the my seams were puckering because I had the stitch length on my serger too small - oh well nothing a little heat can't handle.

Seam Puckering


I had to add 6" in length and about 1.5" to waist and hips.  These leggings don't body hug like normal - I left enough ease to fit properly without hugging (dad will love).

These were the first items I added my label.  I have finally figured out the label needs to be about 5" to show properly.  I will play around with a label design until I find one I am in love with.

My Sewing Label
 Construction is so simple I will show pictures only without a description.














Conclusion

These were so easy to sew and they come together quickly.  I just hope she likes the fabric I picked for her.

What's Next

I need to post her dress and jacket from the same pattern.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin