New Look 6592 - View B & C

This is the last post for Big Foot (my niece) and it will be a quickie post because I need to sew something for me, myself, and I.

New Look 6592 View C & B

How I Did It

Everything came from my stash.  I have had this cotton pique fabric for at least a decade and even when my niece chose it from my stash I had to keep myself from saying no, not that piece 😀.  The lining is cotton and because it is so thin it may be a cotton voile.

I think I added about an inch to waist and hips for the dress.




I was rushing because we were out of time so to fix the gaping in the front I quickly added about a 3/4" dart.







The purple binding (yes purple) I made years ago for another project.  It worked perfect for this dress -  meaning I did not have to make any for this dress.  It won't show when she wears it.




I only used 1/2 the hem allowance to give a bit more length since I doubt she will be wearing this with the leggings.





I was pleasantly surprised the jacket was partially lined - that made it even quicker to sew.  I still haven't gotten used to adding my labels.  I forgot and added it where I could.

























Dress and Jacket




Conclusion

My favorite of the two is the jacket - it is simple yet elegant.

What's Next

I am so far behind on my projects, but so what.  The next item I sew will be something for me!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin

Love Notions Vivace Dolman