Scrap Buster Project - Closet Core Serger Cover

I haven't posted in more than a month which is unusual for me.  I been sewing but I have been frustrated with everything I make because of mistakes, so I took a break.  Still making mistakes but I will forge on.

Closet Core Serger Cover

This won't follow my normal post since I have already blogged about this pattern here.

The denim fabric came from my ever growing fabric scrap pile.  I used 2 different denims because they were the only scraps that I found that would be big enough.  The "lining" is some mystery synthetic fabric and I used a fusible fleece for cushion.

The fusible fleece would not stick properly to my mystery lining fabric no matter how many times I tried.  Since I knew it would be inside and I would be doing topstitching I decided I could live with it.  I used Sulky 12wt cotton thread to do the top stitching.

This one was made for a fellow sewing friend.  She wanted to buy one at the dealer for her Babylock Evolve serger, but I told her she could make one herself.  She told me no and that I should make her one, so I did.

What she loved about the one in the store was it had the Babylock logo and she thought it was nicely embroidered.  She said she wanted the logo, but I could "decorate" it however I liked.

I decided to keep it simple and just add the logo and some top stitching.  I did not want to do all gold letters like the actual logo - I wanted something fun and colorful since I love color.

I used Hatch software to recreate the logo.  I added a stamp to give the embroidery some "texture" and made each letter a different color.  I made the topstitching lines 2" apart.  On the inside I added some binding to cover the side seams.

She picked it up today and said she loves it!


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman