Mood Sewciety The Hickory Ensemble Pattern (Top)

I first saw this pattern on Instagram for the "Sew Your Own View" challenge and had planned to participate in the challenge but never got around to it.  Finally in February of this year I made time to sew it.


The Hickory Ensemble

How I Did It

This is a free pattern from Mood Sewciety and you can get it here.  I was drawn to this pattern for the comfort/easy factor and it did not disappoint.

The top is styled with StyleArc's Brooklyn Knit Pant and it has been previously reviewed here.  I will show construction pictures for the pant also.

  • Fabric

I saw this fabric in the children's section at my local JoAnn's and I believe it was on sale.  The pops of color is what made me "had to have it".  It is an embroidered french terry and it has been in my stash for some time now (years).  I did have to purchase rib knitting and was disappointed when I could not find the color I wanted at JoAnn's.  I had a choice of either tan or black and I went with black.

The pant was made with corduroy that has been in my stash for a really, really, really, long time. 

  • Pattern Alterations/Adjustments

    • Shortened the sleeve 3"
    • Removed 1/2" from the top waistband
    • Removed 1/2" from from both the front and back sides
    • Shortened the top 3"

  • Some Construction Pictures

    • The Hickory Ensemble (top)












    • Brooklyn Knit Pant










  • Some Finished Pictures
















Conclusion

Because of my fabric the original plan was to make both the pant and top and only wear them around the house (all those dots going across my but would not be a pretty site).  I didn't care about the thread I was using and didn't care when I made a mistake put the seam of the neckband in the front rather than the back.

The pants have gone to the UFO pile 😁.  Trying to sew thru those dots with the ribbing and elastic was trying my patience so I elected to step away.  Only time will tell if it ends up in the trash.

Once I put the top on and felt how comfortable it was there was no was I was only going to wear it around the house - even with the mistakes.

What I absolutely love about this top is the ribbing for the sleeves and the bottom band is really loose not fitting like a traditional sweatshirt.  It amps up the comfort factor.

What's Next

I have some tye dye french terry and plan to make both the top and pant from this same pattern.  I started the top, then my sewjo decided to run away.  I trying to coax it back with new fabric, but it don't seem to be budging.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman