Sew House Seven's Elemental Pencil Skirt

Earlier this year Sew House Seven posted on Instagram advertising their free Elemental Pencil Skirt pattern - so I downloaded it.  These days I love quick and simple patterns and this is another one that fits the bill.

Elemental Pencil Skirt

How I Did It

I have a pear like shape and I knew I was taking a risk with a pencil skirt, but I also knew that with the right top I could balance out my shape.

I made this skirt April 2021 but am just now posting because I did not have a top that would balance my shape.  This past weekend was chilly and the skirt fabric is really thick.  I convinced myself that my hips had shrunk, and I would find a top to make it work so I could wear it to church 😄.

Fabric

I did purchase fabric for this skirt.  I got 1 yard of  Rainbow Exotic Leaves Bamboo Stretch French Terry from Nature's Fabric.  The site shows they have 1 yard left.  The fabric is super soft and warm.  The bright and vibrant colors are what made it "speak" to me.

Pattern Adjustments

I cut a size 20 and I am looking at the adjustments now and wondering why I just didn't go up a size or two.  Not sure what my head was then. 

  •  Shortened the length 3"
  •  Added 1" to the waist
  •  Added 1 1/2" to the hips

Some Construction Pictures

 












Some Finished Pictures









 

Conclusion

What's not to love?  It's free.  It's quick to sew.  It's easy to sew.  What more can you ask?

What's Next

I believe it will be StyleArc's Logan Shacket.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin