A few months back a couple of girlfriends and myself planned a sewing day for Friday June 17th at my home.  I was really excited because I usually get more sewing done when I sew with others.  My plan this past week was to have 2 patterns altered, cut out, and ready for sewing on Friday.

It wasn't so.  This past week I truly needed Jehovah-jirah (the Lord will provide) and Jehovah-rapha (the Lord who heals).

On Monday June 13th I called someone to service my air conditioner only to find out I needed a new unit and it was going to cost about $2300.  To say I was frustrated is an understatement so I started praying asking the Lord to provide.  On Tuesday my arthritis started to flare up and by Wednesday it had kicked in with a vengeance.  On Thursday I went to the doctor and afterwards to bed to alleviate the pain.  By the time Friday came I was dragging and asking the Lord to heal.

One girlfriend made it and I did manage to get some sewing done although it took a few extra days to complete my dress.

How I Did It

I normally get a dress pattern based on my bust measurement but this time I used the "Right Size Measurement" from the book Pattern Fitting with Confidence by Nancy Zieman.  Using this measurement I got the pattern 2 sizes smaller than what I normally wear.

Using the smaller size gave me a much better fit in the neck and shoulder area but it also required a bust adjustment - something I never did before.  Initially I was bit intimidated with trying a bust adjustment.  It took 2 tries to get it right and understand it.

I had to split bust adjustment between the bodice and sleeve using extensions.  I also adjusted the back length, waist, and hips.

The dress instructions were simple and easy to follow and it takes little time to sew it up.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman