This past week the plan was to have shorts made but it wasn't to be.  I was tramatized by the adjustments I needed to make.  I finally had to tell myself "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13) and move on. I decided to stop the adjustments, go to bed, and take a day off from frustration adjustments. I will come back to the shorts later.

This evening I decided I needed a quick sewing pick me up so I went back to one of my UFO's.  I started this one a couple of months ago and put it away after I decided I did not like my fabric choice and realized I had put my snap down too low.  Amazing how time changed my perspective on a project that I was ready to toss in the trash.  Today I decided to make it work.

How I Did It

I got the fabric wallet with zippered coin pouch from the Sew4Home website.  This wallet was super easy to make and the instructions are well written.  I used quilt weight cotton and chambray denim scraps that I had in my sewing room.  I believe I used a Pellon decor bond fusible for the interfacing.  To give the wallet a pop of color I used Sulky 12wt blendable cotton thread for some top stitching.  For the strap instead of turning the raw edges under I put them together so the raw edges were touching and used a zig zag stitch to connect them, then I wrapped the stitching  with  a pop of color with the contrasting fabric.  I used a tri-color polyester embroidery thread from metro embroidery to add a name.  The plan was to have the name showing but somehow I managed to put my snap down too low so you only see the name when you open the wallet.  Some of the stitching on the back of the wallet could be better but that will be my other little secret.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman