I am 6 months late starting this blog but I have finally started.  Sewing is my stress relief and a couple weeks back I was really stressed and needed to relax.  I wanted to sew something simple and uncomplicated that would allow me to "feel good" again.  Bernina to the rescue with "weallsew".  I got an email showing an "in the hoop" mug rug project (How to Make a Mug Rug In The Hoop).  It was the week of Father's Day so I decided to try this project for a quick father's day gift.  Here is what I came up with.
His

Hers
What I did different
  1. I did not do this in the hoop.  The flower applique wasn't all that "manly" so I came up with my own design using words to describe him (my pastor).  I used Sulky rayon embroidery thread for the embroidery.
  2. I added a decorative stitch on top of the seam between the 2 different fabrics.  The thread I chose to use was a 30 wt Sulky Blendable.  I love this thread because it makes a really nice decorative impact.
  3. I used Insul-Bright instead of batting because I have a lot of it and wanted to start using my stash.
This project was quick, easy, and fun even though I deviated from the instructions.  I made another set for my Pastor's wife.  I loved the her "mug rugs" a lot more because I was able to use brighter and lively colors. Both were pleased with their gifts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman