This past week I did not get a lot done.  I was hosting July 4th at my place so I was busy cooking and cleaning and cooking and cleaning.....  I survived - thank you Lord!

I did get some embroidery work completed.  A young lady saw some of my previous sewing and embroidery work and asked if could I put her husband's "logo" on his lab coat.  We talked about a couple of options and she decided on embroidery.

I believe we started talking about this I believe sometime in April of this year and late last night I was able to complete the 5 lab coats I was given.



How I Did It

I asked her for the logo as an svg (scalable vector graphics) file.  I have played with digitizing enough to know you need good clean artwork and svg files makes things go a lot smoother.  I did 4 or 5 test stitch outs before I got final approval of the design.

When she gave me the lab coats I had her position the approved stitch out exactly where she wanted and I pinned it in place.  When I got home I took measurements of the placement to ensure I could replicate it on the other lab coats.

The software I used to do the digitizing was Artistic Premium and I absolutely love it because it made my job of digitizing so easy.  I was able to pull the file in and make some adjustments requested by the customer and get it done rather quickly.  I stitched the embroidery on Josephine (Janome Memory Craft 15000).  I used polyester embroidery thread from Metro Embroidery and Inspira Fast & Easy Tear-A-Way stabilizer.

I believe it took less than 5 minutes for the stitching.  The hooping was a different story.  I wanted to ensure the embroidery was in the right place and straight so it took much much  longer to hoop.  I know on the 2nd picture above it doesn't look straight because of the angle but it is straight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch