Full of Cheer

My word for me today is "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. (I Thessalonians 5:16- 18 NIV)."

In a few days it will be a month since my friend died.  Like me she was a sewer and crafter. After she died I helped her family get rid of her sewing machines and supplies.  Everything was either sold or given away.

In going thru her fabric stash I found some ribbon of hope fabric.  I couldn't help but think she bought it for a specific person and just did not have time to make it so I decided to keep this piece of fabric and complete what she couldn't.

We have a mutual friend at our church who is currently going thru cancer treatment now, so I decided she would be the recipient of a comfort quilt.

How I Did It


For this project I used  "Full of Cheer" from the  Quilters Think Pink book and for the fabric I used cotton. I used her ribbon of hope fabric and combined it with fabric from my stash.  It was a simple quilt to put together but I had a rough time quilting it.

Usually I make baby quilts but quilting this one was quite challenging.  It was hard trying to maneuver all the fabric.  After I had completed it, it dawned on me that I could have put 2 tables together to handle the length.

I did not buy enough fabric for the back layer so I had to piece 2 different fabrics together to give me the yardage I needed.  I forgot the rule to "measure twice, cut once".  Instead of adding one piece to each side I ended up having to add 2 pieces to each side because I cut too small an extension piece.

I used Sulky 12 wt cotton Blendable thread for the quilting and top stitching the binding.  Below are pictures of the completed quilt.  It's not my best work but the recipient was happy with it so that's all that matters.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman