Some Habits Should Never Be Broken

I finally realized I was out of control with my garment fabric purchases when I was shredding personal documents.  Every 3rd receipt was a fabric store purchase.  I might have been able to justify it if I was doing a lot of sewing and making a dent in my garment fabric stash but I wasn't.  I was only sewing occasionally.

I made a decision that day.  I was out of control and it would end and it did end.

I must have been going through withdrawal because somewhere along the way I started buying quilting fabric.  Not the cheapo stuff, I am talking about the really good quality quilt fabric from real quilting stores.

I needed something to store my "good" fabric in so I bought a really large plastic storage container to keep my fabric nice and neat.

There is something absolutely intoxicating about standing in the batik section of a quilt store. Batiks speak to me.  They beckon me to come close and touch how soft the fabric is and to absorb the stimulation of all the bright vibrant colors.  Batiks beg me to take them home with me.

These are the latest batiks that beckoned me.  A few solid and print fabrics told me I was discriminating against them.  To prove that I am impartial I picked a few of those as well.  I took pictures from various sides so you could understand how generous and compassionate I am.  I sacrificed to ensure these fabrics went to a good home (mine).











They have joined their brothers and sisters.  Here they are neatly folded and sorted.  Plenty of their brothers and sisters have already fulfilled their purpose.  Below are pictures from all 4 sides of the "family" waiting until they fulfill their purpose in a baby blanket or craft project,






The family grew and needed more space so I added 2 additions to our current space.  The family fits snugly in 3 very large plastic, see thru storage bins.  If the family grows any more birth control will be required.

I love having a batik habit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman