Oh How I Love Lekala Patterns Part 2

My situation has not changed but today I'm thankful.  I Thessalonians 5:18 says "give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

I finally made another skirt to go with a jacket I completed months ago.  Again I used Lekala S3013.  I will not go into great detail on this one because I did it in my post dated  05/16/2017.

Lekala S3013

How I Did it

This time when making the skirt I did not look at the instructions because the skirt is so simple and I just made it a day ago.  I did make a couple of minor changes.

1. I only interface a small section of the "V" on the center back so I wouldn't have the extra interfacing showing.



2.  I cut the interfacing for the zipper area to 5/8" rather 1" again so that it did not show.

3.  I was suppose to add 2/8" seam allowance on the front and back side seams so I would not have to get creative with the lapped zipper but I forgot.  This time I used a 5/8" seam in the zipper area and tapered it back down to 3/8".  This took about an 1" of wearing ease away in my hip area and I am not sure I like it.  The skirt is wearable and not too tight but I miss the ease and don't really like bringing additional attention to my hip area.

Conclusion

Everything else stayed the same including using a 3/8" hem.  I did not include pictures of me wearing  the skirt or the jacket because it is the same skirt and jacket as in my previous post.  Below I posted pictures of the jacket and skirt on the dress form.  I can see I need to re-iron - I guess I was in a rush.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman