Introducing Ms. Neena - New Sewer



At our church we teach anyone who has a desire to sew for free.  We only ask that after they finish the training they use their new skill to minister and be a blessing to others.

I love teaching folk to sew but my real joy is teaching young people to sew.  Seeing their creativity and excitement as they learn is priceless.

Neena shown with her completed pillowcase


Introduction

For the past few weeks I have had the joy of helping Neena learn to sew.

Neena is a respectful, energetic, artistic, and eager learner.  I learned just how creative she is when she got her new sewing machine and decorated it immediately.  She has her on unique style and I love that about her.

The Project

The project came from Stitches & Pins by JoAnn Gagnon and Corrie Gagnon and it is one of several books I am using to help me teach.

On this project the main goal was to get her comfortable sewing on her new machine and to get her comfortable with straight stitching.  She did well.

She used a light weight cotton for her pillowcase.  Afterwards she wanted to machine embroider her name on it and she did.

What's Next

Well I had a plan and path we were going to follow but when working with young people you learn to be flexible or go crazy - I choose to be flexible.

She wants to dive right in tackle a purse.  We will still cover my plan but in a different way.

I thank God Neena's parents have entrusted me with this privilege and I cannot wait to see how she progresses in her sewing journey and her creativity.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman