Couldn't Sleep - What's a Girl to do

Saturday May 14, 2016 was strange.  I momentarily woke up but ultimately slept until 5 pm.  I wasn't sick, hadn't done any hard labor, and didn't think I was that exhausted.

I was upset when I woke up because I had plans for the day.  My dealer got in the new Janome Horizon Memory Craft 9400 QCP and I wanted to go see it and play on it.  My plan is to eventually replace my Janome Horizon Memory Craft 8900 QCP with the new MC 9400 QCP.

I knew I wanted to sew at 5 pm when I woke up but the urge to sew doesn't get unbearable until sometime after 11 pm normally.  I was wide awake and didn't want to sew anything complicated because I just knew in a couple of hours I wouldn't be able to keep my eyes open.

I chose a couple simple projects.  The first one was an in the hoop pig that is so adorable and the other was a stand/holder for my my iPad and cell phone.

How I Did It (in the hoop pig)

I used cuddle fleece, a piece of ribbon for the tail, and stuffed it with Poly-Fil.  Below are a couple of pictures of the finished project.




I did not include a lot of details for "how I did it" because the video In The Hoop Little Pig Softie shows how to make this adorable pig designed by Lisa Archer of Pickle Pie Designs.  It is quick, easy, and soooooo cute.

How I Did It (iPad stand)

The iPad and cell phone stands came from the book "Sew Simple with Rectangles and Squares" by Nancy Zieman.

I used laminated fabric, cotton fabric, cording, Poly-Fil, and poly pellets.  Below are a couple of pictures of the finished project.




Again I did not include a lot of details for "how I did it" because the video shows how to make these stands.

Conclusion

These projects were quick and easy and great for when you cannot sleep.  The best part about both of these projects is there is a step by step video for each of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman