Lekala 4608 - Version 2

I knew I wanted to make a top to go with my new pair of Lekala pants and I decided to give this another go.  With the first one (post from 02212017) I used a combination of scuba, ponte, and corduroy.  I wasn't overly pleased with it because of the print I used.

I am, however, extremely pleased with this version.  Besides that it was an absolute joy to sew.


Lekala 4608

How I Did It


This time I chose to use a quilt weight cotton and some of the Crossroads Denim from the pants.  The fabric came from my stash - ya.  Actually everything I used came from my stash.

There a 6 pattern pieces for this pattern.

6 Pattern Pieces


I sewed the front and back pieces and attached them at the left shoulder.  This time I chose to do some top stitching with Sulky 12 wt Cotton Blendables.

Topstitching

Back

Front

Left Shoulder Top Stitching

Sulky 12 wt Cotton Blendable Thread
Next I added the bias binding to the collar and the armholes.

Neck with Bias Binding

Bias Binding Folded in Half

Armhole with Bias Binding

Armhole with Bias Binding Turned to Inside and Top Stitched
I then stitched the sides and added the top stitching.  Because I chose to use a woven instead of a knit I reduced to the seam allowance to 2/8" instead of 3/8" to give me a little more movement room since I know Lekala patterns have very little ease.

Side Seam with Top Stitching
And finally the hem.

Bottom Hem

Top Stitching

More Top Stitching

Conclusion

I love this version of Lekala 4608.  I love my fabric choice and the colors.  Of course it goes perfectly with the pants.  This top is so easy to sew and Lekala's instructions are amazing on this pattern.  This is not the norm for Lekala's pattern instructions.

If I make this one again I will probably add an invisible zipper to the back so I can get it over my head with ease.

I think my next sewing project will be a second version of Lekala 5126 pants.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin

Love Notions Vivace Dolman