January's Project Linus Blanket

After my accident my sewing seemed to fall by the wayside and I missed making 4 Project Linus blankets.  I am back on track starting the new year right.

Without the Binding

How I Did It

Majority of my baby blankets are made the same - 9 blocks with some borders and this one was no different.

Every thing came from my stash except for the batting (I was out of it).  This project was a bit different in the sense I wasn't necessarily worried about everything matching.  I used blocks from a batik layer cake I had and some pre-cut batik strips and orange thread.

My plan was to play with ruler work using rulers I bought about 3 years ago but have never used.  I quickly found my rulers were too small for the 10" squares so I decided to use some of the many stitches I have on my machine instead.

I gave myself the freedom to play by creating "pebbles".  I didn't do as good as I would have liked but I'm okay with the result.  Now I have decided that I will use my monthly Project Linus blankets to play with stitches/techniques that I am not familiar/comfortable in doing.











Back








Conclusion

I really enjoyed sewing this blanket because I gave myself permission to play and make mistakes.  I used orange thread for quilting it and the fabrics had no orange in them but it didn't matter.   What mattered was I gave myself permission to be free.

What's Next

I printed and attempted to put this pattern together and got frustrated because I messed up - so I tossed it.  I will reprint and do it right this time so I can make this jacket.
Lekala 4005


2019 Sewing Goal Progress

My 2019 sewing goal is to make at least one pair of well fitting jeans and I am making progress towards that goal.

I plan to take my time with this project.  I will be working on it in between other sewing projects.  Of course I would like to have them made yesterday.

What's Pending



What I Have Already Done


  • I received/washed my fabric.
  • I received my rivets, zipper, and buttons.
  • I received my wire cutting pliers and anvil.
  • I have taken a Bluprint class "Fitting Solo:  From Measurements to Muslin" by Linda Lee.
  • I been reviewing pattern alterations notes in "Breaking The Pattern - a modern way to sew" by Saara and Laura Huhta.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin