Sewing Plans for 2019

Everyone was making sewing news years resolutions and I got caught up last year and made one too, knowing full well there would be a 99.9999999% chance that I would not met that particular goal. Why - because I am too easily distracted and of course I didn't meet it.  I said I would not make one this year because I didn't want not meet it again (fail).  I am going to press on and make a new goal for 2019 but this time I am being reasonable.  

My sewing goal for 2019 is to make at least one pair good fitting jeans.  The pattern that I have been thinking about is Closet Case Patterns Morgan Boyfriend Jeans.  The other pattern that has been on my mind and one that I already have is Closet Case Patterns Jenny Overalls.

I do plan to sew other things but my one sewing goal for 2019 is a pair of good fitting jeans.  

Why This Goal

I am down to one pair of jeans and the fit is absolutely horrible.  They are too big (I have lost a few pounds) and I am constantly pulling them up because the pants crotch slips about 3 or 4 inches below my crotch if I don't constantly tug at them.  That's not the worst part - they were cut off grain so the inseam on one leg twist to the front.

I bought these jeans about 5 - 7 years ago and when I tried them on I knew something was wrong but I couldn't figure it out, assumed they were not pressed appropriately, and purchased them anyway.  It wasn't until months later when I put them on that I realized the issue.

Alterations is not an option.  I don't alter clothes - once they are made I don't touch them.

What Progress Have I Made

I watched Heather Lou's YouTube video on How to install jeans hardware at home to find out what I needed to do and what tools I needed.  From the video I found out I needed an anvil and pliers with a wire cutter so I ordered those today.

Closet Case Patterns sold jeans kits that included Cone Mills denim.  I have read a lot about this denim and its quality so I wanted to try it for my jeans.  I placed an order for Cone Mills denim fabric at Threadbare Fabrics.  I also ordered the jeans hardware from this site.

What's Still Needed

I already have the Jenny pattern and still need to get the Morgan pattern.  Since I can get the Morgan pattern as a PDF I can order it when I am ready for it.  I need to cut and make my adjustments for the Jenny pattern and make a muslin.

Once the fabric arrives I will pre-wash it, cut it, and stitch up my jeans.

Conclusion

I know I can complete this years sewing goal one pair of good fitting jeans if I slow down and take my time.  I think with each post I will add a section to show what progress I have made on my jeans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin