Hipalicious StyleArc Barb's Stretch Pant

StyleArc recently released the Sydney Designer Dress pattern and I went to their site after receiving an email.  While I was reviewing the pattern and trying to decide if (when) I would purchase it, I noticed somewhere on the site that if you gave them your email you got a free pants pattern.

Style Arc's Barb's Stretch Pant
Since I had never sewn a StyleArc pattern I thought this would be a great try before you buy opportunity.  The biggest deciding factor was the pattern came in the "big girl" size.

How I Did It

I used a stretch chino fabric from my stash (yay) that I bought at my local fabric store.  About midnight Thursday morning I decided was a good time to start this pattern since all the reviewers said it was so easy.  Did I mentioned mind I had to go to work?

Even me - the slowest sewer in the world - whip these pants out in a couple hours (after you subtract the time for stupid mistakes).

No pant pattern will ever fit my shape without any adjustments, but sewing life is good when you only have to make minimal adjustments.

Adjustments


  • Shorten the length 3"

  • Raised the back rise 1.5"

  • Took out a wedgie at the center back 1.5" (width) X 7" (length) to prevent gaping.  I added the change to the pattern afterwards,

  • Lowered the front rise 1.5"

  • Shorten the waistband width 1" (big mistake)

  • Was supposed to add 1" to the hip but measured wrong and thought I did not need it (wrong)
The front is puckered a little bit because of the 1" I removed from the waistband.  I am glad it is really not noticeable.  For the elastic I used some trimable elastic from my stash (yay).  I was able to cut the width to the sized I needed which was about 1.75".

Below are a couple pictures of some construction steps.







The finished product.






Conclusion

This is a wonderful pattern - and it is free!  It is so easy to sew - only 3 pattern pieces.  The instructions were straight forward.  You have to wiggle a little bit to get them on but they are oh so comfortable even without my forgotten 1" hip adjustment (I prefer a little bit more ease).
I am so pleased with how they turned out.  I will definitely be making these again.

What's Next

My "to sew" list continues to grow but I suspect it will be another pair of these pants since they are so freaking easy to make.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the details! I like the look of these pants and I am sure we will be seeing a couple more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. You are so right - I made 2 additional pairs today.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Enter comments here

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin