The Wow Pattern aka Paper Theory's Zadie Jumpsuit


This pattern doesn't have the proper name - it should be named Paper Theory's WOW Jumpsuit instead of the Zadie Jumpsuit.  I can't believe a bunch of rectangles could come together to form such a beautiful jumpsuit.  This pattern is so forgiving - I made so many errors and it still looks good.  If I had a runway I would have owned it today when I wore it.

Paper Theory's Zadie Jumpsuit


I first saw this pattern reviewed by cocosloft.  I thought it was cute but didn't consider it because I didn't think it would look good on a "big girl".  Then I saw a review on curvysewingcollective and knew I had to try this pattern.

How I Did It

Michael Levine had some Vlisco Super Wax cotton on sale so I purchased it.  I prefer to order directly from Vlisco but the shipping cost to order directly from Vlisco is astronomical. I had no project in mind when I bought this fabric.

This pattern was so easy and only I could mess it up 😏.  Even with all my screw ups it still looks great (imho).  Paper Theory has the new expanded sizing 😊.  My top was a 16 and my bottom was 24 but because this pattern has an enormous amount of ease I chose to make the 22 for the bottom.

I knew I would have to grade from a 16 up to a 22 at the waistline for the top portion and after 3 tries and a reprint of the top I finally got it almost right.  I also did a sway back adjustment, but on the next make I will exclude this adjustment because it is not needed for this pattern (I think this adjustment caused me some additional issues on this one).

Front with Adjustment

Back with Adjustment

I normally shorten the length but I did not make this adjustment because I wanted a full length pant.  The waist on the shirt came about 2.5" above my waistline, so I will definitely lengthen the top portion to correct this on the next make.  I will also add some interfacing to the belt.  When you are round like I am you don't want the ties sinking in to what used to be your waistline and drawing attention to it.  I also lengthen the belt ties.

Below are some construction shots.











A few pictures of the completed jumpsuit are below.  One day I may get proficient with selfies.

















Conclusion

This pattern was an absolute joy to sew (binding was tedious) and I know I will make at least one more.  You are so wrapped up in the burst of color that you never see my many, many, many mess ups.  I have to admit I was not liking it knowing all the mess ups I had.  It was only when I put it on that I really started to love it.

What's Next

Probably another Zadie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin