OESD Reverse Applique Notebook Covers

I was going through my Instagram feed and noticed OESD Reverse Applique Notebook Cover designs and decided to buy.  I wanted it because they used cork fabric and I had been wanting to try a project that used cork fabric (it didn't matter that I already had bought a book that had cork fabric projects in it).

I bought 2 pre-packaged fat quarters of cork fabric from Hobby Lobby and used fabric from my scrap pile.  I made both notebook covers from one fat quarter.

I won't do my normal review because the designs come with detailed instructions but here are the particulars and my experience using them.

  • There are 10 designs, 5 for the 5 x 7 notebook cover and 5 for the 4 x 6 notebook cover
  • It required use of a fusible woven but I used whatever I had on hand
  • The instructions were very easy to follow
I used some kind of rayon blend fabric for the inside and did notice that even with the adhesive stabilizer there was some unraveling of the fabric and I was concerned that over time the seam allowance (about an 1/8") would disappear and it would become detached.

I believe I created the issue by my fabric choice and and not using a fusible woven.  To remedy this I chose to add a decorative stitch around the boarder.

Overall I am please with the way it turned out and I think these would make great little stocking stuffers.  Next time I would like to try a better quality cork.

Here are some pictures (forgot to buy notebooks for them).

Back (with stabilizer still attached)

Front (with stabilizer still attached)

Above is what the finished product would look like (minus the stabilizer).  Below are pictures with my added border around the edge to handle the fraying edges.

5x7


4x6




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin