Megan Nielsen Rowan Curve

I was chosen to be a pattern tester for the Rowan Curve.  I sign up to be a tester and then I get stressed out when I get the pattern and it is time to make the garment 😀.
Megan Nielsen's Rowan Curve

How I Did It

I don't really like bodysuits because I don't have the shape for them, but I wanted to make it because of the challenge.  I had never made one and I knew it would "push" me a bit in my sewing.

I have made this pattern 3 times, but am only keeping the last version because the first 2 version needed a bit more room in the bust area. After the first version why would I make the second version in the same size? Who knows 🤣.

The first and second make I used size 20 for the bust and size 24 for the waist and hip.  Although it fit, I wanted a bit more width in the bust area.  For the final version (third) I used size 22 for the bust and size 24 for the waist and hip.

Sewing was really easy for me except when attaching the elastic to the leg area.  I tried my best to keep the elastic even with the raw edge of the fabric but it just did not work.  I finally realized that if I brought the elastic in so that it was about 1/8" from the raw edge it was much easier to sew it in.  After attaching the elastic I cut off the excess raw edge.

On the third make I used swimwear elastic as opposed to normal elastic and that seemed to help with inserting the elastic also.

Fabric

For the first and third versions I used the exact same ITY bought at my local fabric store specifically for this project.  For the second version I used a higher end ponte knit left over fabric from a previous project purchased from Fabric Mart.  Will definitely stick with ITY when I make again.

Pattern Alterations

For versions one and two I removed 2" from the length - 1" above the waist and 1" below the waist for a total of 2".  When I completed version one, it was sagged in the butt area.  Version one was a bodysuit and version two was a crew neck tee. 

For version 3 (bodysuit) I removed 1" above the waist, 1" below the waist, and 1" in the hip area for a total of 3".  The extra inch in the hip area fixed the sagging.  When I attached the neckband on versions one and two I felt I had fight with stretching way too much so I used the size 24 neckband.

1" Length Remove Above and Below Waistline and 1" Length Removed from Hip Area


 

Some Construction/Finished Pictures

 

Version 2





Version 3













Added Knit Stay Tape to Prevent Stretching





Conclusion

This top is simple and fairly quick to make.  I will admit I had to walk away from inserting the elastic for a day.  A bodysuit is not really my style but I will wear this one.

I took me a minute to figure out why I wasn't "excited" about this make and I finally realized I prefer crew type necklines rather than turtleneck type necklines (I don't like sqeezing my head in that small neck hole 😂.  Vneck for sure on the next one.

What's Next

I will be making some comfy wear from StyleArc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin