My Love Affair With Denim - Sew4Home Holiday Sparkle Empire Waist Apron

Right now I am having a love affair with denim fabric and I believe it started when I decided to take on the challenge of making a pair of jeans.  I have about 4 or 5 other projects that I plan to make with denim.  Today's feature is the Empire Waist Apron from Sew4Home and I am in love with this apron.


I won't do my normal post - Sew4Home always have excellent instructions, but will mention a few notables and show some pictures.

I loosely followed the instructions which caused a few mistakes (design features).  All the fabric came from my stash.  The denim is left over fabric from a previous jeans make and it is a little stiff but I love it as a apron.  The lining and applique is from my quilt/scrap stash.  I had some store bought piping so I used it instead of making my own.

I used Sulky's 12wt Cotton Thread (red) for the decorative stitching and Sulky's Rayon Embroidery thread for the applique.

Btw Peggy from Silhouette Patterns said to put a 12oz can of Coke (not diet or anything else) in when you prewash your jean fabric and it will really soften it.  I just tried it with some new denim I just purchased and it really works.

Pictures






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin