Reflections From 2020

Wow - what a year.  I quickly went through and believe I counted 43 makes for 2020 and those are the ones I posted.  I had some failures that didn't get posted.  I have the pandemic to thank for a banner sewing year.

This year I started using Indy patterns and most of my makes came from patterns made by StyleArc.  Before I was using Lekala custom fit patterns because I hate making alteration.  The problem with Lekala was you never knew when you would get a "bad" pattern.

Finally, pattern designers received pressure from Instagram influencers and started expanding their size range - now I have a lot more pattern designers to choose from.

I completed my sewing goal from 2019 - I am happy that I now have the perfect fitting pair of jeans for me.  It was a process to get there, but I made it and will have more jeans makes coming this year.

My only sewing goal for 2021 will be to make a coat.  I have learned that if I make more than one sewing goal I will never complete it and I am ok with it taking more than a year to complete my one sewing goal.

I get distracted by the latest new pattern and can't seem to stay focused.  I now have 4 sewing UFO's (unfinished sewing objects).  I don't know if I will get 43 makes in this year, but I will complete my UFO's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin