StyleArc's Brooklyn Knit Pant

One word for this pattern - COMFORTABLE.  I love wearing this pair of pants.  You can move freely in them and not worry about eating too much 😂.


How I Did It

NOTE:  The seam allowance on this pattern is not a standard seam allowance (not 1/4", 3/8", etc) - major annoyance.

I actually made 2 pair both in black.  I was so excited to get started on this pattern that on version 1 I forgot to lower the front rise and raise the back rise, but I did remember to shorten them 3".  It was in the middle of my sewing them that I realized I had forgotten.

It was bad when I tried on version 1.  The pattern design had a longer crotch than what I am used to so they looked bad in the front.  I probably could have fixed that issue but the back - I was afraid that if I bent over the would fall down (the fabric is a bit heavy) 😂 so this version is in the give away pile.

  • Fabric

I had purchased 2 different beautiful plush corduroy velour knit to make this pattern.  When I ordered the fabric I didn't take into consideration that it was a knapped fabric and would require a bit more.  I was crushed when laying the pattern out and realized that it would not fit. 

If I turned one leg going the opposite direction it was perfect, but I knew that would be a disaster because it was a knapped fabric.  So I went to my stash to see what I could use.  I found a black stretch chino for version 1- bad idea since I did not make my front/back rise adjustments.

I went back to my stash and found an atrocious waffle knit that I absolutely did not want to use, but had ran out of options for version 2.  I did have other knits but they are slated for something else.  I will probably get a couple good wears out of this pair a pants before they are covered in lint balls.  I haven't even worn them out yet and they have already collected a few lint balls.

  • Pattern Alterations

    • Version 1
      • shorten the length 3"
    • Version 2 
      • Shortened the length 2"
      • Lowered the front rise 1"
      • Raised the back rise 1"

  • Some Construction/Finished Photos

The black fabric makes the details hard to see.  I should have tried to lightened up the pictures.



































Notice Some Potential Fit Issues Here












Photos Of Updated Jara Knit Tunic

I make the Jara Knit Tunic in November 2020.  When I cut it out, I cut one size smaller but forgot to grade back up to my normal size at the waist and hip because again I was too excited about cutting and sewing this one.

After I completed and tried it own I was disappointed because it did not fit as intended.  I really love the fabric and did not want to put this top in the give away pile so I set it aside.  A sewing friend showed me a top she had made for her grand daughter.  It had grommets and ribbon on the side and I knew that was the solution I could use to fix my top.

I made a 6" slit on each side, added a piece of gross grain ribbon I bought at least a decade ago, added the grommets, and the ribbon.  I bought really pretty grommets to use but I did not buy enough and my local store did not have any more, so I used what I had.

The fix is not perfect but it works.  The original post of the Jara Knit Tunic is here.










Conclusion

I love love love this pair of pants - the are sooooooo comfortable.  What drove me nuts about this pattern was the non standard seam allowance.  I finally gave up and started using a standard seam allowance which was a tad bit bigger.

I will make these again when I find the right fabric.

What's Next

I will start on a coat if I can keep my focus.  I still have 2 UFO's to complete and am hoping to finish those by the end of the month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman #3

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium